Oral Hygiene & General Health
Good Oral Hygiene is one of the important key factor to stay healthy. Mainly microorganisms are going inside to body through mouth or through nose-by respiration & other part is cover by skin so microorganism can’t go inside. The microorganism which is going through mouth that struck on the mouth & slowly goes inside the body, causes infection. That’s why in this post i will say in details importance of maintaining oral hygiene to stay healthy. Oral Hygiene & General Health.
Heart Disease: Cardiovascular diseases and oral health condition are known to be linked. Poor oral hygiene causes infection in mouth, microorganism from mouth enters to Blood stream. Poor oral health may even promote atherosclerosis (buildup of plaque inside the arteries) and increase the risk of myocardial infarction. Taking care of oral hygiene is vital to people with heart disease and in preventing heart disease. Poor oral health can also cause Infective Endocarditis disease.
Stoke,Dementia: The bacteria from gingivitis, periodontics or infection may enter the brain through either nerve channels in the head or through the bloodstream, that might even lead to the development of Alzheimer’s disease,Stoke,Dementia.
Diabetic: Good oral hygiene is also important in diabetes. The better one’s oral health, the better diabetes control and vice versa. Effective home care and frequent checkups keep both oral infections and diabetes under control. Click here to know in details.
Digestion problem: It has been seen who is having poor oral health they are suffering with digestion problems. It can effect in two way-
- The micro-organism which is present in mouth with the food & blood stream, it reached to stomach can cause digestion problem.
- Poor oral health can cause improper mastication of food, leads to improper digestion .
Cancer: It has been seen Poor oral hygiene may increase risk of cancer death. poor oral health is a risk factor of Oral and Oropharyngeal Cancer.
Respiratory infections: The Journal of Periodontology warns that gum disease could cause you to get infections in your lungs, including pneumonia. There is a link between poor oral health and chronic respiratory disease. A study published by the American Academy of Periodontology found that people with respiratory diseases had worse periodontal health than those with healthy lungs.
Pancreatic cancer, Kidney disease: “periodontal disease may increase the risk of pancreatic cancer,” said Dr Dominique Michaud of the Harvard School of Public Health in Boston, who led the research.
Pregnancy complications: Several research studies have suggested that women with periodontal disease may be more likely to deliver babies prematurely or with low birth weight than when compared to mothers with healthy gums.
Caries,Gum disease & Ulcer: Poor oral hygiene is one of the risk factors for Dental Caries, Gum disease & Ulcer. It can cause Gum disease, bad breath & loss of tooth. Oral Hygiene & General Health.
Better Tooth-Better Health
How to maintain Oral hygiene?
- Rinse mouth with water after every food, sometime use Chlorhexidine mouthwash.
- Stick to gentle, twice-daily brushing with a soft/medium bristle or electric brush
- Use proper tooth brush & tooth paste. Clean your tongue with tongue cleaner & try to use Dental floss.
- Floss once daily & you can massage gum with your finger.
- Chewing habit of hard & fibrous food is a good habit, don’t take always soft or liquid food.
- Avoid Tobacco, Alcohol
- Also be sure to schedule regular dentist visits for plaque and tartar removal. Every 6 month visit Dentist for scaling treatment,for prevention of dental & general health problems.
- If you are having caries or broken tooth, ulcer then get the proper treatment.
- If your tooth Restoration is compromised then get the necessary treatments & if you are using Denture or any appliances in our mouth then clean it regularly.
Written By- Dr. Anuran Ghosh Mondal
Mob: +91 9432580313