After tooth extraction – Dentist Advice
This is the very common query after tooth extraction what should I do..! I will discuss what to do & what shouldn’t do after a surgical extraction of tooth for a normal person.
Day 1 of after tooth extraction :
- After tooth extraction for 1hr, bites gently & firmly on the gauze or cotton packs on the extracted socket & surgical areas, it helps to control your bleeding from the surgical area. You may brush your teeth gently.
- Don’t Spit & Suck.
- Swallow the saliva.
- Don’t take any hot item in your mouth.
- Do not disturb the surgical area today. Do NOT rinse vigorously or probe the area with any objects, it helps to clot formation & wound healing.
- Advised for Ice Packs, can take ice-cream
- Advice to take semisolid or liquid normal diet.(don’t take hot)
- If persistent bleeding or pain noticed, consult doctor.
- Take the prescribed medicine given by dentist.
- Don’t use straw to drink.
- Take rest, don’t do excess physical activity
- Don’t take Tobacco or alcohol at least for 1week.
- Take specialist advice & avoid Aspirin types of medicine for 3-4days.
Editor Choice- Best Offer only for You
Days 2-10 after tooth extraction:
- Mouth Rinse: Use warm salted water daily 4-5times. Use 1glass warm clean water & add 1/4 teaspoon salt in it, helps to clean the deposition.
- You can also use 10 drops of Betadine in 1glass of warm water & rinse your mouth. It improves the wound healing.
- Continue the medicine as doctor prescribed.
- Do not disturb the surgical area. Do NOT rinse vigorously or probe the area with any objects, it helps to clot formation & wound healing.
- If suture is given, then visit dentist after 7days to remove the suture.
- Don’t take Tobacco or alcohol atlease for 1week.
- Three week after tooth extraction(after complete wound healing) replace your missing tooth. For 3rd molar or Impacted tooth replacement is not needed.
Why Missing Teeth Replacement is very important, after tooth extraction ?
- Helps to masticate of food properly. Improper mastication can cause digestion problems.
- Improve Aesthetic (look) & smile- Effect on Aesthetic
- Your teeth are designed in aligned to work together to help you chew. When teeth are missing, it is difficult to chew properly. So if one or more is missing then side teeth can be drift out of position & change in occlusion. Shifting of teeth position can lead to gum problems, spacing & dental caries of tooth etc. So if you won’t replace the missing tooth, it can cause multiple negative effect on other one or multiple tooth.
- Missing teeth can causes change in occlusion, trauma from occlusion & tooth attrition etc.
- Missing tooth can cause Temporomandibular joint problems, headache, lock jaw etc.
- Missing tooth can cause a traumatic ulcer; trauma during bite or occlusion of occlusion by the opposite side tooth.
What the Missing Teeth Replacement options?
- Removable partial or complete dentures
- Tooth-supported fixed missing
- Resin-Bonded & Composite Bridge
- Dental Implant
TO KNOW IN DETAILS ABOUT MISSING TOOTH REPLACEMENT – CLICK HERE
How to Prevent tooth extraction?
- Maintain Oral hygiene properly, Know how to maintain Proper Oral Hygiene – CLICK HERE
- Visit to dentist atleast one time, every year for dental check-up
- Tooth Sensitivity or Bleeding Gum can be the early symptoms of tooth problem, if you get this problem immediately visit Dentist.
- Don’t extract your tooth if tooth restoration is possible.
- At-least every year get scaling treatment. Know about Dentist Advice.
Written By- Dr. Anuran Ghosh Mondal
furtdso linopv · September 12, 2018 at 10:58 PM
I like this blog so much, saved to fav.