Cancer Cause, Prevention, Risk Factor & Treatment
Cancer is becoming one of the major health problems of our society, every year so many people are die for Cancer . It is a disease in which abnormal cells divide uncontrollably and can destroy body tissue. There are over 100 different types of cancer and each is classified by the type of cell that is initially affected. Most common types are, Breast cancer, Prostate cancer, Oral Cancer, Lungs, Leukemia & Skin cancer etc. Know Cancer Cause, Prevention.
What is Cancer?
Cancer is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells anywhere in a body. These abnormal cells are termed cancer cells, malignant cells. Change happens in the genetic material (DNA), Cell mutations can result in cancer. The process of cancer cells leaving an area and growing in another body area, it is termed metastatic spread or metastasis. Some substances that cause cancer are called carcinogens. Cancer staging is often determined by biopsy results and helps identify the cancer type and the extent of cancer spread.
Some Carcinogenic material which may
Cancer Causes ?
Some substances prolonged exposure can cancer cause primarily through their physical, rather than chemical, effects on cells can cause Cell mutations, resulting cancer .
- Ethylene oxide
- Vinyl chloride
Doctor Choice– Exercise Cycle for Fitness & Weight Loss, with Best Offer
While doctors have an idea of what may increase your risk of cancer, the majority of cancers occur in people who don’t have any known risk factors. Factors known to increase your risk of cancer include:
1)Certain lifestyle: Some lifestyle choices are known to increase your risk of cancer. Tobacco, Betel nut, alcohol drink. Alcohol is an example of a chemical carcinogen. The World Health Organization has classified alcohol as a Group 1 carcinogen. Alcohol consumption can cause Chronic damage of liver, Liver cirrhosis and the Hepato-cellular carcinoma it is some types of liver cancer. Lung cancer is commonly seen because of Smoking & Mouth cancer commonly seen because of Tobacco & Betel nut.
Excessive exposure to the sun or frequent blistering sunburns, Obesity and having unsafe sex can cause infection later it can cause cancer. You can change these habits to lower your risk of cancer — though some habits are easier to change than others.
2)Cancer causing factors related to work and living environments include:
- Asbestos fibres
- Tar and pitch
- Polynuclear hydrocarbons (e.g. benzopyrene)
- Some plastic chemicals (e.g. Vinyl chloride)
- Some metal compounds
3)Radiation can cause cancer:
- Ionising radiation (X-ray radiation, soil radon etc)
- Non-ionised radiation (Sun’s ultraviolet radiation, mobile phones, electric power transmission etc)
4)Any Chronic Trauma or Chronic irritation to any part of the tissue
5)Infection of Bacteria and viruses can cause cancer:
- Helicobacter pylori
- HBV, HCV
- HPV (human papilloma virus, papilloma virus, which can causes changes eg. Cervical cells)
- EBV (Epstein-Barr virus, the herpes virus that can causes inflammation of the throat lymphoid)
6)Age, gender, inherited genetic defects
7)Diet: Some linked has noticed with diet. Proper healthy can help to increase body immunity & functions. Some risk factor is noticed with colorectal cancer include high intake of fat, alcohol, red and processed meats & A high-salt diet is linked to gastric cancer.
8)Your family history:
Only a small portion of cancers are due to an inherited condition but history has notied . If cancer is common in your family, it’s possible that mutations are being passed from one generation to the next.
9)Hormones: Some Hormonal change can effect on body & can indirectly effect on cancer.
10)Environment: The environment around you may contain harmful chemicals, Pollution that can increase your risk of cancer etc.
Cancer Signs & Symptoms:
Signs & Symptoms depend on the type and grade of cancer; although general signs and symptoms are not so specific. Common Signs & Symptoms can be:
- Fatigue, weakness & body weight change
- Pain, unusual bleeding,
- Fever or night sweats
- Lumps or tissue masses, chronic ulcer,
- Skin changes, change in bowel or bladder function
- Persistent cough or voice change etc.
- Hoarseness etc.
Prevention of Cancer:
There’s no proper way to prevent cancer. But doctors have identified several ways of reducing your cancer risk, it can be:
- Avoid Tobacco, Betel nut & alcohol drink
- Avoid excessive direct sun exposure. Harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun can increase your risk of skin cancer. Avoid direct sun exposure as much as possible during peak UV radiation hours time between 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Limit your sun exposure by staying in the shade, wearing protective clothing or applying sunscreen, use sun glass.
- Eat a healthy diet. Choose a diet rich in fruits and vegetables. To know about proper diet – CLICK HERE
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Regular exercise & increase physical activity
- Be aware of carcinogenic agent & avoid it.
- Some research is going on it says few body spray & body lotion or cream can cause Cancer because of some chemical which is used on it. Better you avoid direct body spray, use perfume on your cloths. Select & use proper body spray & body lotion or cream, be aware about harmful chemical or martial.
- Always don’t use the mobile phone, unnecessary don’t get exposed by X-ray.
- Ask your doctor about immunizations. Certain viruses increase your risk of cancer. Immunizations may help prevent those viruses, it includes hepatitis B, which increases the risk of liver cancer, and human papillomavirus (HPV).
Some Foods That may Help Prevent Cancer:
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Vitamin C
- Eat Artichokes, grapes, Lime etc
- Tomatoes, orange vegetables and leafy greens- High source of anti-oxidant may prevent cancer
- Turmeric- It functions as both an anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant
- Take more Garlic and Onions- Some Research has found that garlic and onions can block the formation of nitrosamines, powerful carcinogens
- Green tea: It is a powerful antioxidant and may be an important part of an anti-cancer diet.
- Use olive oil
- Some research says Salmon,tuna contain omega-3 fatty acids helps to prevent prostate cancer
Treatment will be depending upon types & stages of Cancer. However most treatments can be at least one of the following and may include : Surgery, Chemotherapy, and Radiation therapy.
Sources & Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org