The name “coronavirus” is derived from the Latin corona, meaning crown or halo, which refers to the characteristic appearance of the virus particles. Everyone is saying How to Fight Against Coronavirus. Most coronaviruses are not dangerous, but some types of coronaviruses are very serious many people have died from Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) & severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). Early in 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) identified a new type, 2019 novel coronavirus (2019 nCoV) in China.
How are coronavirus (COVID 19) infection spread?
- Human coronaviruses usually spread from an infected person to others.
- Close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands
- The droplet on air by coughing and sneezing
- Touching an object or surface with the infected virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes before washing your hands
- Rarely, faeces (poop)
How to Fight Against Coronavirus or COVID 19 & How to stay fit:
Break the Chain of COVID 19, to fight against coronavirus you can do two things- 1) Stop spreading of Infections- Prevent it or 2) You can Increase body immunity.
1) Stop spreading of Infections- Prevent it
Currently, there are no vaccines to prevent human coronavirus infections. But you may able to reduce your risk of getting or spreading an infection by
- Often wash your hands nicely with good soap and use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Use a good mask, also try to use spectacles/sunglass to cover your eye.
- Maintain social distance
- If you go out or meet other people then after coming home change your dress, wash your hand, open area nicely & also wash your dress or keep it separately.
- Drink enough water. After coming home drink a little bit of warm water.
- If you will go out then don’t touch anyone or don’t touch any product/ material/ things.
- Whatever you will bring any product from outside keep it separately, through the outer cover of that product or disinfect the surface of that product.
- Cook your food nicely.
- Clean and disinfect the surfaces that you touch.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue. Then throw away the tissue and wash your hands.
- Maintain proper hygiene, eat/drink hygienic food.
2) How to increase body immunity?
Healthy immune system reduces your chance of different viral infection. Don’t think if the Coronavirus entries to your body then only you will get COVID19; actually when these virus entries to anybody then body fights against this virus (body immunity system) this time is known as latent period, if your body immunity defeat the virus then you won’t get this disease. With these natural ways to boost the immune system, you can achieve a healthy immune system & you can fight against Coronavirus, by this how-to Fight Against Coronavirus.
- Reduce Mental stress: Don’t be mentally depressed, stay jolly. A research/ review published in October 2015 on Stress and Human Immune Function, it says Chronic Psychological stress suppresses the body immune response by releasing the hormone Cortisol. Cortisol interferes with the T-cells(a type of white blood cell) & it also reduces the antibody secretory IgA, which lines the gut and respiratory tract, which are our first line of defence against pathogens.
- Take Proper diet & healthy food: A common English proverb is “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”- which means if you take healthy food then you don’t get the disease- actually it’s true as consumption of vitamins & minerals can boost your immune system. All the vitamin is very essential for the body but Vitamin C is the biggest booster. You can get Vitamin C from citrus fruits like Orange, Lemon, Amla, Grapefruit, Spinach and Strawberries. Ask your doctor, can you take multivitamin supplements & what you take. Eat more Vegetables, Milk & fruits. Click Here- to know about Balanced diet.
- Get Sufficient Sleep: Try to sleep for 7–8 hours daily and it should a good quality sleep/deep sleep. Your body heals and regenerates while you sleep, Lack of sleep can cause the inflammatory immune response to activating, reducing the activity of T cells in the body. When you sleep that time your body produces and distributes key immune cells like cytokines (it is a type of protein that can either fight or promote inflammation), T cells (it is a type of white blood cell that regulates immune response), and interleukin 12 (it is a pro-inflammatory cytokine), according to a research/review published. When you don’t get sufficient sleep, your immune system may not do these things as immunity may compromise.
- Exercise Regularly: Regular exercise is one of the pillars of healthy living. It has been scientifically proven working out on a regular basis can boost the immune system. It improves cardiovascular health, can lower blood sugar level, blood pressure, helps control body weight, and protects against a variety of diseases.
- Yoga: Yoga is a group of physical, mental, and spiritual practices or disciplines which originated in ancient India. Know about some popular & effectively used Yoga: Sukhasana, Pranayama, Ardha Matsyendrasana, Matsyasana Variation, Uttanasana, Viparita Karani & Prana Mudra.
- Step out in Sun: Spending some time (at before 9:30 AM or after 4:00 PM) for 10-15 minutes in sunlight is one of the key ways our bodies manufacture vitamin D. Vitamin D is essential for healthy functioning of the immune system as it helps the body to produce antibodies. Low level of Vitamin can cause a higher risk of respiratory infection & diseases.
- Know about some Immunity boosting home Remedies/ foods which is widely used in Ayurveda, you can also consume in a proper ratio with food/as food to build your immunity: Haldi (Turmeric), Garlic, Sonth ( Dry Ginger), Kali Mirch( Black pepper), Pipli (Long pepper),Laung (Cloves), Choti elaichi (Green Cardamom), Badi elaichi (Black Cardamom), Dalchini (Cinnamon), Jaayaphal (Nutmeg), Tulsi (Basil), Honey, Green Tea, Giloy, Javitri (Mace) etc.
- Homoeopathy Medicine: Homoeopathy medicines are used symptomatically, a list of some useful medicine may be useful, take any medicine after doctor advice: Some group of doctors says Arsenic. Alb 30 twice daily for three days on empty stomach & repeat it after 15 days showed the effective result to prevent the disease by improving body immunity. Rhus Tox 200 & Influenzinum 30 may be useful for prevention. Other medicine which may be useful: Arsenic Alb.30, Rhus Tox.30, 200, Bryonia 30, Belladonna 30, Ars. Iod 6., Antim. Tart. 30, Thuja Oc 200., Chinium. Ars.30, Eup. Perfor. 30 etc.
- Stop The Habit Of Smoking: Stop the habit of smoking because not only does it increase the risk of cancer but it also impairs the immune system. There are alternatives of Tobacco, can use nicotine patches or electronic cigarettes which may help you to quit smoking and it is less harmful/not harmful.
- Avoid Alcohol Intake: Numerous researches have said that excess intake of alcohol can tamper with the immune system and its pathway in a complicated manner.
- Keep Chronic Disease/Conditions Under Control: Take proper medicines & follow your Doctor advice to keep in control of COPD, Heart disease, blood sugar, blood pressure, kidney disease etc. know about Cholesterol- Function, ill effects- CLICK HERE.
Incubation Period/Latency period:
It is the period/time between exposure to an infection by a micro-organism and the appearance of the first sign & symptoms of a disease. Research is going on this, but some report says Incubation Period/latency period Coronavirus is 1-14days. In this Incubation Period, an infected person can carry & spread the infection, but they won’t have any sign or symptoms of the disease.
Symptoms of Coronavirus:
The symptoms depend on the type of coronavirus and how serious the infection is. At the time of incubation period patient will be asymptomatic(without any symptoms), The symptoms of most coronaviruses are similar to any other upper types of respiratory infection, symptoms may include:
- Runny nose
- Cough/ Sneezing
- Sore throat
- Malaise & Headache
- Swollen adenoids
Some coronaviruses can cause severe symptoms. The infections may cause bronchitis and pneumonia, the other symptoms such as:
- High Fever
- Cough with mucus
- Cough/ Sneezing
- Chest pain or tightness when breathe
- Shortness of breath
- Changing colour skin- bluish of lips, nose, nails, tip of the finger etc.
- Can cause Death
Who is at risk for Coronavirus infections?
Anyone can get a coronavirus infection, but young infants, children & Old aged people are most likely to get infected. Severe infections are more common in people with heart or lung diseases, diabetics people with weakened immune systems, Cancer, Thalassemia, Kidney disease, HIV-AIDs etc.
If you are getting the symptoms of COVID19 then immediately visit your nearest hospital/ Nursing home.