Bronchitis & Bronchial Asthma
Acute inflammation of the larynx, trachea & bronchi is involved individuals sudden attacks by pyogenic organism & other factors cause by predisposing to bacterial infection. Most acute bacterial with bronchitis or asthma are caused by Hemophilus influenzae, Streptococcus pneumonia, or Branhamella catarrhalis. Viral infections are the most common cause of acute bronchitis. Cigarette smoking is the main cause of chronic bronchitis
It starts from childhood or middle-aged, is common to men than females.
Clinical features & symptoms :
- First symptoms is allergenic rhinitis, sneezing, watery secretion from nose & eyes with dyspnoea, coryza, irritation of throat, face & neck, tightness in the chest sometime with cough, & wheelzling sound from chest.
- Temperature may increase, sputum scantly, thickly first then becomes copious, mucopurulent & easily expectoration of cough. may be present streaky blood with cough.
- Bronchial spasm is seen. Recurrent attacks mainly in winter (or) any changing of weather (or) on cloudy climate.
In bronchial asthma those symptoms are present like bronchitis, but narrowing of bronchial airways with muscular spasm. mucosal swelling & viscid secretion. Difficult to breathing & respiratory dis-stress. severe acute asthma, sometimes a fatal where treatment is insufficient or delayed, particularly in children but rare in chronic which causes permanently pulmonary damage.
Etiological or Cause:
- Exposure to cold, some organism or exposure to chemical agents, some occupational hazards, weather, congenital heart diseases or mital stenosis.
- Respiratory viral infection.
- Inherited from family, eczema, urticaria, anxiety, over strain, frustration & fatigue.
- Some predisposing cause-allergy history, Exciting cause, hypersensitivity or indiosyncrtic & allergy from animal hairs, dandruff, damp room & dust, pollen, feathers, cosmetics, some foods milk, wheat, rise, dull, banana, egg, fish, eggplant etc. some cotton or synthetic cloths,tobacco or smoke, pungent fumes.
- Chest X-ray
- Lung Function test
- Blood, allergy & sputum test
- Avoid predisposing factor. Sometime oxygen is needed.
- In Homeopathy treatment will be as per symptoms. Bacillinum, Aconite nap., Arsenic Iod., Antim Tart., Dulcammra, Thuja Oc.,Drosera, Spongia, Aralia, Ipecac, Blata Orient, Causticum, Ferrum Phos.,Grindelia, Viscum Alb., Heper Sulph., Kali Carb, Kali. Bichrom, Kali Sulph., Lobealia Ina., Aspridosperma, Aresnic Alb.,Phosphorus, Natrum Sulph, Natrum Ars., Sanguinaria, Belledona, Pulsetilla, Allium Sepa, Justicia Add., Yerbasantra etc. is used for Homeopathy medicine, according to symptoms & requirement. take any medicine after doctor check-up & advice.
Written by- Dr. B. K. Ghosh Mondal
Mob: +91 9830530696